Saturday, January 26, 2019

Se Vende Blues Band

I'm sure the band has a real name, but I don't know it so I think of them as the Se Vende Blues Band -- based on the "for sale" sign on their practice studio a couple blocks from here.

When I walked by last night the band was practicing a blues classic:  Shake Your Moneymaker.  Song was first recorded by Elmore James in 1961.  It has been covered by Fleetwood Mac, Jimmy Page, George Thorogood and others, and is included in the Rock and Role Hall of Fame "Top 500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll."

I like their music, so I stood outside the studio and recorded a bit of it on my iPhone.

Not certain if this will work -- I don't have a CS degree or a thirteen-year-olds iPhone skills -- but let's try.  Click on the "Play the tape" link below, then hit the normal audio play (something like this ⏯) button.

Play the tape


"Se Vende" Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment