Monday, January 21, 2019

Eclipse

Photo of eclipse from azotea of Casa Caballito
We had an eclipse last night, and I had a great spot to watch it.  All good except the clouds -- really heavy -- but fortune smiled with an occasional break as they drifted over.  An eclipse doesn't happen that often, so I was happy to be able to see this one at all.  Like a million others I pointed my camera at the moon just to see what would happen.  It took pictures right up until totality -- when the last sliver of moon was darkened. I think at totality there was no longer any spot of bright light for the camera to focus on, and it did not know how to cope.  At totality the moon looked pretty cool -- red orange -- very visible to the eye but invisible to the camera.

Fun evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment