Thursday, May 27, 2010

Walking in Maastricht

Back in Maastricht and taking a day off from cycling.

Actually, I did cycle a bit but quickly gave it up in favor of walking. One great thing about Maastrict is that much of the downtown is available only to pedestrians and cyclists -- closed to cars! And the downtown is paved in cobblestones. Cobblestones make for pretty roads and good walking, but are not so great for cycling. In fact, after a few minutes of riding with small wheels and high-pressure tires, I stopped to check that my fillings were still in place.

Great walking city!

Came into town yesterday evening in the rain, but today is much nicer -- could even be zero precipitation day.

Nijmegen claims to be the oldest city in the Netherlands, but I have my doubts. Maastricht has been around for a very long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment